This year’s Forest School is a little different – please check the Covid-19 safety page for the latest updates.
Playing and learning in the woods
Forest School is made up of a very wide range of experiences and adventures, which can include bush craft skills, whittling, fire lighting and cooking on fires, building dens through to bug hunts and bird watching. Children can also take part in tailored activities designed to help them connect to their environment through arts and crafts, games and science based investigation activities. The unique, natural environment of the Cemetery Park is at the very heart of all the workshops and children will discover the wonderful habitats found through a choice of inspiring hands-on activities and games.
Forest Schools are always run by a qualified practitioner (level 3 or above) who is experienced in working with children in an outdoor environment. Kenneth Greenway (Cemetery Park Manager) leads Forest School, with support from team members and other qualified forest school practitioners. All staff and co-leaders are DBS checked.
Good to know
- Dates: Forest School runs during half-term holidays, and on selected weeks during school holidays. You can book tickets here. If dates aren’t available to book, then join our mailing list to keep informed of when booking opens.
- Times: 10am – 2pm (weekdays, except Wednesday and Bank Holidays)
- Cost: £30 per session, 10% sibling discount, discounts available for block bookings – visit our Eventbrite page to book tickets. Two subsidised/discounted places per session are available for children of Tower Hamlets parents, carers or guardians who are unemployed or on low income. This is on a first come, first served basis. Contact us for more info.
- Group size: We always aim to have between 12 to 14 children per session
- Ages: Activities are suitable for children aged 6 – 11. Younger children are welcome too, but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the whole session.
- Clothing: Please remember to dress for the weather, as we are likely to be outside come rain or shine.
- Meeting Point: The Soanes Centre, Southern Grove, E3 4PX
- Payment: The fee must be paid before the first session. Other payment options are welcomed, so please let us know if you would prefer another method.
Please read our Forest School Guide for Parents for more information. Further information will be provided to parents prior to the first session, but if you have any questions please contact us.