Bow Beasties is our monthly wildlife watch club for all of the family! Join Ken and Zoe (along with their two children) for an exciting range of environmental / outdoor activities that celebrate the seasons and the wildlife that can be found here within London’s most urban woodland. Bow Beasties takes place within our fabulous resource of the Cemetery Park.
Bow Beasties happens every 3rd Saturday of the month (except for August & it’s often held outside the usual frequency in October) and is led by experienced and DBS checked staff and volunteers.
- Time: Doors open at 10am for a prompt start at 10.30am. The session will finish at approx. 12.30pm.
- Ages: activities are suitable for children aged 3 to 12. Parents / carers must accompany all children: maximum 4 children per adult.
- Clothing: Please remember to dress for the weather as we are likely to be outside come rain or shine.
- Meeting point: The Soanes Centre, Southern Grove E3 4PX
- Booking: We offer this free activity on a first come first served basis with a maximum number of places dependent on a safe limit for the activity. We open the doors at 10am and start taking names for a prompt start at 10.30am.
Please call us on 020 8983 1277 if you have any questions.
• Saturday 15th February – Fire, Marshmallows and make a bird feeder
Saturday 21st March – Wild art CANCELLED because of coronavirus (COVID-19)
Saturday 18th April – Muddy Play + Easter egg hunt CANCELLED because of coronavirus (COVID-19)
Saturday 16th May – Taste the wild – foraging walk CANCELLED because of coronavirus (COVID-19)
• Saturday 20th June – Pond dipping + sun prints
• Saturday 18th July – Bug Safari
• Saturday 15th August – no club, Summer Holiday time!
• Saturday 19th September – Spring Bulb Planting
• Saturday 17th October – Our very popular annual Pumpkin carving session – BYO Pumpkin. We’ll supply cutting tools, a LED light and some stencils.
• Saturday 21st November – Tree Planting
• Saturday 19th December – festive wreath making
Join us on January 16th 2021 to help us decide and agree as a group what we’ll do for the coming year! Followed by wild games & a winter wander.
Here’s what one family think of Bow Beasties….
Yesterday we attended ‘Bow Beasties’ again with our two Grandsons Sam and Jack. We have become regulars there since our son and his family discovered the fabulous nature reserve.
Held on the third Saturday of the month, Bow Beasties in the Cemetery is a must do for us. Run and organised by Ken and his able assistant and wife Zoe it is fun, informative and very educational for young and old. Yesterday we collected wild salad plants and vegetables which we were able to take home and eat. We also helped Ken collect nettles which were taken back to THCP HQ where the children helped him make a delicious nettle pesto of which we all got a pot also to take home.
Ken is a wonder. He knows all the wild plants, beasts and bugs that inhabit the park. Add to this his warmth and friendliness and willingness to chat, encourage, help and answer questions from all ages and you have the perfect guide. My grandchildren think he is wonderful. Sam took some fossils in to show him that he had been given. Ken then went rummaging in his office to find some that he had found in Dorset. Such enthusiasm for the park and promoting the cemetery.
If you have children or grandchildren I would encourage you to book in for Bow Beasties. It’s such fun for all. Well done Ken and Zoe.
In need of an original and unique idea for the birthday party?
Is your child into the outdoors?
You have just found it!
Give your child a ‘wild’ adventure for a party they’ll never forget. They will be taken on a journey involving bugs, dens and mud!
Find out more HERE!