Bow Beasties is our monthly wildlife club for families!
Unfortunately all future activities are CANCELLED because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Join Ken and Zoe (along with their two children) for an exciting range of environmental and outdoor activities that celebrate the seasons and the wildlife that can be found here within London’s most urban woodland. Bow Beasties takes place within the Cemetery Park.
Bow Beasties happens every 3rd Saturday of the month (except for August & it’s often held outside the usual frequency in October) and is led by experienced and DBS checked staff and volunteers.
- Time: Doors open at 10am for a prompt start at 10.30am. The session will finish at approx. 12.30pm.
- Ages: activities are suitable for children aged 3 to 12. Parents / carers must accompany all children: maximum 4 children per adult.
- Clothing: Please remember to dress for the weather as we are likely to be outside come rain or shine.
- Meeting point: The Soanes Centre, Southern Grove E3 4PX
- Booking: We offer this free activity on a first come first served basis with a maximum number of places dependent on a safe limit for the activity. We open the doors at 10am and start taking names for a prompt start at 10.30am.
Please call us on 020 8983 1277 if you have any questions.
- Saturday 15th February – Fire, Marshmallows and make a bird feeder
- All future activities are CANCELLED because of coronavirus (COVID-19)
Here’s what one family think of Bow Beasties….
Yesterday we attended ‘Bow Beasties’ again with our two Grandsons Sam and Jack. We have become regulars there since our son and his family discovered the fabulous nature reserve.
Bow Beasties is a must do for us. Run and organised by Ken and Zoe it is fun, informative and very educational for young and old.
Yesterday we collected wild salad plants and vegetables which we were able to take home and eat. We collect nettles and the children made a delicious nettle pesto of which we all got a pot to take home.
Ken is a wonder. He knows all the wild plants, beasts and bugs that inhabit the park. Add to this his warmth and friendliness and willingness to chat, encourage, help and answer questions from all ages and you have the perfect guide. My grandchildren think he is wonderful. Sam took some fossils in to show him that he had been given. Ken then went rummaging in his office to find some that he had found in Dorset. Such enthusiasm for the park and promoting the cemetery.
If you have children or grandchildren I would encourage you to book in for Bow Beasties. It’s such fun for all. Well done Ken and Zoe.
In need of an original and unique idea for the birthday party?
Is your child into the outdoors?
You have just found it!
Give your child a ‘wild’ adventure for a party they’ll never forget. They will be taken on a journey involving bugs, dens and mud!
Find out more HERE!